Lionbridge is looking to hire a Language Lead, to work with our Life Sciences team in Amsterdam.
Strategic Language Lead
The Strategic Language Lead oversees a variety of accounts, providing meaningful input from project initiation to delivery. They take the lead in developing successful language strategy for their accounts. In addition, they contribute to pre-sales and production activities.
Language process strategy
• Develops, implements, and maintains the accounts' translation and linguistic quality assurance processes, language asset strategy / maintenance and documentation, such as account Quality Plans and work instructions. Defines and establishes best linguistic strategies to meet account specific requirements.
• Exhibits the ability to reach the optimum productivity and quality standards by always scrutinizing existing workflows and pro-actively cooperating with other departments to achieve the workflows' most efficient design.
• Experienced in various localization workflows and understands their specific advantages and limits.
• Monitors quality of continuously expanding pool of linguistic resources and subject matter experts
• Continuously develops, documents, and implements process improvements on assigned accounts.
• First escalation point for the production team to resolve linguistic issues and queries, tracks, and analyses language quality data for the assigned accounts.
• Drives the development, implementation and maintenance of linguistic assets and the client review processes.
• Shares actively with Life Sciences linguists new information / knowledge learned on own accounts and is an active participant in language, quality, and account team meetings.
• Provides input on critical situations and recommendations for possible resolution.
• Actively engages in training and mentoring programs for (new) team members and resources on language and specialization matters.
• Leads major company or department initiatives as assigned by Manager.
• Provides input into the analysis and continuous improvement planning for customer complaints and audit findings
• Exposure to a wide array of accounts, ability to lead and execute projects of varying levels of complexity from initiation to delivery.
• Supports the production teams by setting them up for success, for example by creating translation instruction and support kit templates, training linguists and production team members, centralizing input on language matters.
• Engages through the project lifecycle and final delivery; functions at both the granular and high levels (able to provide detailed as well as summarized input).
• Performs core Language Lead tasks on assigned accounts as needed, such as targeted analysis, linguistic strategy and process definition, research, documentation, quality management / assurance and reporting, and others as defined by the Life Sciences business unit.
• Has the ability to make a client presentation or discuss linguistic matters with the client as the language expert.
• Actively cooperates with the Operational Readiness Team and / or Onboarding Team in the cross departmental onboarding process of new clients.
• Takes the lead or serves as a subject matter expert in Test Translations as applicable, facilitating their successful execution.
• Has a shared but limited responsibility for the financial health of assigned accounts, is aware of the financial state of the accounts and pro-actively takes steps to improve margins and lower ICOS.
• Is aware of the account KPI's, with a focus on Language quality KPI's, and constantly works together with the account team to reach or surpass them.
The primary responsibility of the position is assurance of localization quality, process efficiency, client and translator linguistic education and support, and profitability for assigned accounts.
This role might require responsibility for managing and monitoring the quality of linguistic resources allocated to identified accounts. This includes:
• Being aware of quality issues within team projects and assisting with troubleshooting and encouraging problem-solving techniques.
• Collaborating on a global level, working effectively with GDC and PMO team members or stakeholders.
• Providing guidance and education to the client and the team on how to improve localization processes and consistency of activities.
• Understanding and monitoring linguistic client needs and levels of satisfaction and taking action if applicable.
• Engaging in customer language onboarding activities as applicable.
• Participating in post project review, quarterly business review meetings and ensure that linguistic topics in action plans are monitored and appropriate actions are taken.
• 3-5+ Years of professional experience in translation or related fields;
• Outstanding communication, customer service and negotiation skills;
• Experience with Life Sciences (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Trials and / or Medical Devices);
• Knowledge of Localization processes, CAT tools, TM maintenance, and Terminology management processes strongly preferred;
• Fluency in written and spoken English, and near native fluency in a second language strongly preferred;
• High attention to detail, good organizational skills and maturity;
• Ability to commit to a culture of excellence and interest in continuous improvement in a multicultural environment;
• Results-driven and interested in applying skills to new business opportunities or business fields.
Lionbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Your Application
Thank you, please complete your application on the following page.
Lionbridge Gaming is seeking an Inventory Project Manager to monitor and report on the company's inventory with a focus on Lionbridge Gaming Labs worldwide. Your chief goal with be to keep track of the existing hardware and space inventory lev...
Senior Quality Assurancce Analyst Lionbridge is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Digital Marketing team. The Senior QA Specialist will report into the Digital marketing Team Lead. In this role, you will be respobsible ...
Keeping a track of finance for every task done. The Production Coordinator would be responsible handling all the finance of the projects. We make payments by words, pages and hours. So the PC would require keeping a detailed account of finance f...
1.Seniour Project Coordination: It is about saving time on Project Management of a PM. Doing a perfect job and within a span of time is what counts 2.File Handling and Tracking: This means that he is the link to the vendors/Local Project Managers...